2015 beauty favourites

13/01/2016
Ok so as it’s now 13th of January it’s definitely no longer socially acceptable for me to say Happy New Year so instead – I hope you’ve not fallen off the diet wagon and into a plate of biscuits yet and have at least tried to be a better person the past 2 weeks. if not don’t worry nor have I.

Working in an office full of women for the past 6 months has reignited by desire to discuss beauty products endlessly. As another year has now been and gone I thought reflecting on the products I loved from 2015 is a decent way to satisfy that urge. As you can see from the photo below I got ALOT of new products for Christmas, word has clearly got out that makeup is the way to my heart!



2015 was the year I got a bit obsessed with highlighters. I went so crazy with the highlight on New Year’s Eve I look like a disco ball in some photos (fail! This is why I always do my makeup before pre drinking!!)  However most of the time I manage to keep it subtle. My absolute favourite highlighter and one I will continue to purchase over and over again is the bareMinerals Love Affair/Shining Moment duo. With one gold toned side and a slightly warmer peachier side this duo is just amazing and when applied lightly on the cheekbones gives the most gorgeous glow I’ve seen from any illuminator. If you want a healthy dewy glow and prefer powder highlighters to liquid ones like me give this baby a try! Candlelight by Toofaced is a close second in the highlighter/illuminator race and as pictured here has cuter packaging but they essentially give a similar effect. if there's one thing you should introduce into your makeup bag in 2016 its a decent highlighter. 


Better Than Sex by Toofaced is fast becoming my new favourite mascara despite the cringeworthy name. The wand is huge (!) but manages to give volume and length to my lashes. I’ve been using this for about a month and half and it doesn’t seem to be running out any time soon (which is pretty impressive given how much mascara I use) so I suspect this’ll be a product I continue to use daily in 2016. The tube is metal and kind of heavy so even the packaging feels expensive. 

Stop the press. I have found a new fake tan. As a diehard tanorexic and someone that takes being safe in the sun very seriously (almost vampire status) the idea of a new fake tan is very exciting for me! Slightly more expensive than my trusty St.Moriz (which I’ve been using religiously for the past 4 years) Bondi Sands is my new tan of choice. At £14 a pop it’s definitely pricier than St.Moriz but I have to say I feel it gives a more natural colour once developed and smells like coconuts, with only a slight hint of stale biscuits. As with all the fake tans I try this does come out the pump very dark so makes application a doddle as you can see exactly where you’re putting it. Perfect. 

 My Fitbit (last year's Christmas present) is by far the product I used, relied upon and felt lost without the most in 2015. If you're interested in fitness, want to make sure you're getting in your recommended steps or even want to track your sleeping patterns I cannot recommend these enough. I used my Fitbit almost every day in 2015 and will continue to do so for the year ahead. Ultimately as much as my inner couch potato hates to admit it health and wellbeing play a huge part in beauty and the healthier and more active you are the less makeup you'll need anyway!

Although I have hundreds of products I love and could mention these were the ''breakthrough'' items. What were your favourite products of 2016?



No comments:

Post a Comment