My New Year resolutions

05/12/2014
2014 has been an awesome year for me (give or take a few crap months). I've worked loads, passed the first year of my degree, lost loads of weight (and then gained it back). It's now the time of year where I think about what I would want to see in 2015 and any changes I can make to better myself. New Year's Eve is fast approaching YAY. Here is my ambitious list of changes I hope to make come January 1st.

1-Take better care of my skin. I'm quite fortunate with my skin so I haven't had to invest in any expensive products to keep it clear (as of yet) but after working on a make up counter and learning more about skincare I realise taking care of your skin is massively important; especially as I start to push into my mid 20s (cry forever). It seems like one of those things that the sooner you start it the less of a chore it'll be down the line, Currently lusting after some Liz Earle products! Along with this resolution comes drinking more water which is directly related to improving skin and aids with resolution #4 :).

2-Actually attend uni lectures. Any of my uni friends reading this will probably laugh/scorn.  Working 2 jobs this year has meant my uni attendance has suffered - which is massively counter productive in the long run! A re-jig of my priorities is in order I suspect...Goodbye bed hello 9ams.

3-Save money for a holiday/nice bag instead of buying 300 cheaper ones (or whatever the financially responsible equivalent of shopping is).  I'm notoriously bad with money and putting a little aside each month is bound to work out way more productive than my current spending habits. Paying off my debts definitely needs to be a priority in 2015.

4-Lose weight and maintain it! My weight fluctuates by about 2 stone depending on my diet/exercise regime but I definitely am at a size now where I'd be happy to lose some, and then keep it off. The only way I see myself achieving this is by making healthy lifestyle changes as opposed to ''going on a diet'' for the 23rd time that month. I plan to eat much smaller meals throughout the day, a lot more fruit and veg and a lot less pizza! Time to delete the Papa Johns iPhone app...

5-Be more grateful for what I have. Sounds cringe and cliché but I take a lot of what I have for granted and I'd like to think in 2015 I'll make more of an effort to appreciate who and what I have in my life. I'm lucky that I have a relatively functional family around me, a fit boyfriend (ha) and enough clothes to last me 3 years. It's time I start appreciating these things. Even in fits of rage when the washing up still hasn't been done. sigh

6-Go Vegan?? This is kind of on my ''maybe'' list. Truth be told I don't eat a lot of meat as it is and rarely drink milk, the only dairy I consume regularly is cheese because I'm in love with it. But from a health perspective I think my dietary habits (and waistline for that matter) would be in a much better state if I could cut out all dairy (and the tiny amount of chicken I eat). To be continued...?

7-Watch less of the Kardashians and equally crap TV. I despise everything Kim Kardashian stands for and by watching that awful show all I'm doing is fuelling the self absorbed, vanity obsessed fire which I personally have serious issues with swallowing. I admire anyone's ability to make a load of money by doing sweet eff all but I find the example she and her sisters set for impressionable young girls quite disturbing. ''Let me break the internet with a photo of my massive, inhumanely fake butt'' yeah your daughter's gonna love that when everyone on the playground has seen her mum's bits. #SLORE


What New Years Resolutions do you plan to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment