The beauty scenario tag

16/02/2015
Yay a tag post! I eat sleep breathe make up so having an excuse to write a post purely dedicated to it is perfect. I was tagged by the beautiful Esther !

1) You have to get rid of all your foundations and keep one high-end and one drug store. Which do you keep?
Tough one. I have to admit in recent months I've been having an exclusive relationship with high-end foundations only and don't actually own anything else...saying that if I had to pick one based on past experience it would be Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation. Pretty decent for a fiver! Out of my high-end options it would have to be the newest edition to my makeup bag - NARS Sheer Glow in shade Barcelona. Light enough that it can used daily (unlike MAC Studio Fix) but good enough coverage for nights out. The lack of SPF is also great for nights out and relentless selfie-taking. Failing that any of the 3 in the photo below would suffice.

2) You go for an interview and the lady interviewing has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely?
Christ. First and foremost if someone had lipstick on their teeth it's one of the first things I'd notice. Downside of being an overly observant person is always spotting things you'd rather not notice, as it means it's all you can think about/stare it for the duration of the conversation. I'd personally try ignore it all together and then tell her to read my blog post - 7 things more embarrassing than getting lipstick on your teeth. That should get the message across.

3) You're not feeling yourself and need a pick me up lipstick. Which do you go for?
This again is tough. When you own enough lipstick to paint the entire front of Notre Dame there are quite a few options. Having said that a stand out winner for me is MAC's Rebel. A rich purple shade it looks dark red on me but I always get compliments on it. Not really appropriate for everyday wear but is a firm favourite of mine for nights out.

4)You go back in time to your teenage years, how do you do your hair and makeup differently? 
This list is endless. Dear 15 year old Natassia:
1- Do not dye your hair black for Christ sake
2- Wear foundation that actually matches your neck not 4 shades darker
3- Step away from the pink & green eye shadow combo
4- Don't attempt to dye your hair blonde by yourself. It will go orange. Anyone that went to high school with me will remember this epic life fail

5) You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length Pixie Lott hair cut but they hear wrong and give you a pixie cut, what do you do? A) Smile, say thanks, leave and call your mum crying hysterically. B) Cry in the chair and things get awkward. C) Complain to the manager and demand a refund. D) None of the above
I'll avoid confrontation by any means necessary so I'm definitely the type of person to pretend I love it then go home and have a nervous breakdown and write angry tweets about it.

6) Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have one hour to pack. Which ‘Do It All’ palette do you pack in your make up bag?
I'm not big on eyeshadow - in fact I barely own any. I did however cave in and buy Urban Decay's Naked 2 Palette a couple of months ago which is what I'd take just in case. Very wearable colours I'm pretty fond of this palette.

7) Your house has been robbed – don’t worry, everyone is safe – but your beauty stash has been raided. What’s the product you really hope is safe?
My perfume collection. Easy. 

8) Your friend borrows make up and returns it in an awful condition. Do you: A) Pretend you haven’t noticed B) Ask them to repurchase it C) Secretly do it back to their make up
One of the benefits of having naturally beautiful friends is they don't want to borrow any of my makeup. If they did and returned it in awful condition I'd just buy it again and never ever let them borrow anything in the future. 1 strike and you're out betches. 

I tag my beautiful cousin Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment