The drunk girl's guide to makeup removal

01/02/2015
It's all very well writing endless posts about what make up to wear, but half the battle is taking it off at the end of the day. Having used everything from baby wipes to Liz Earle I've finally found a cost-effective solution to makeup removal, especially tricky mascara that usually leads to panda eyes in the morning.

I am notoriously slack for removing my makeup after a night out. I will always manage to brush my teeth, but due to the fact my skin has always been pretty unproblematic I often can't be arsed to spend 10 minutes removing 35 layers of mascara and eyelash glue after 11 rounds of cocktails.

Cue Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This stuff is incredible. A tiny bit on some cotton pads removes all my makeup and doesn't sting my eyes at all which is often a problem with other eye makeup removers. I've had some absolutely horrific reactions to other more high-end products so the fact I'm not blind in the morning is actually a victory in itself.

Garnier is a skincare brand I trust. Although not exactly premium I don't mind paying a fiver for any of their products and I've never had a bad experience. I should probably mention that I have pretty normal skin so I can be quite flexible with the range of products I use. I don't find this remotely drying on the skin, although saying that I wouldn't say its overally hydrating either (despite what the bottle says.) Typically, unless absolutely obliterated by vodka I'll always moisturise after use.


The great thing about this as opposed to other alternatives is there's no rinse required afterwards. So basically, after a night of cocktails makeup removal can be done in 30 seconds before you pass out, no trying to stand/balance over the sink while you do it. 4 cotton pads with this stuff on will remove a full face of makeup pretty easily allowing you to let your skin breathe while you sleep off the Mojitos. It will also prevent you waking up to a bright orange and black pillow, which is an added bonus.

I've been using this for about 6 months now and it's never caused me to breakout and I'm pretty confident in it's ability to cleanse the skin as well as removing tough eye makeup.

As for the Micellar market, it's becoming increasingly saturated with all sorts of companies developing their own, but for £4.99 from Boots you can't go wrong.  So now you know. The best way to remove makeup after a night out is to actually take it off, who knew?

2 comments:

  1. I've heard so many good things about Garnier - I own practically their whole line of hair care products but am keen to branch out! I'll have to pick this up sometime.

    Emily | Lynde Avenue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, yes definitely! I love Garnier's product range and would definitely recommend this for removing makeup quickly and without any stinging/breakouts! Thanks for commenting x

      Delete