Smashbox Studio Skin

02/11/2014
When I find a new beauty product I actually love everyone needs to knows about it. My boyfriend will pretend to listen to me bleat on about it for ages because it's actually quite a rarity. So many products claim to reduce pores, even out skin tone, do your washing up for you and very few actually deliver on any of their promises. You'd only need to see how many foundations I've accumulated over the years to realise this.

I've been on the look out for a full coverage foundation to wear on nights out and the morning after nights out (I'm an eye bag lady). Cue Smashbox Studio Skin foundation! I was lucky enough to score a free full size one of these due to Smashbox's promotional event ''Foundation Friday''. Best freebie ever! Smashbox is a brand that is relatively new to me but I have to say I am desperately falling in love with it. Genuine quality, no gimmicky packaging and reasonably priced for premium makeup. It's a winner.



The coverage of this foundation is on another level. The best part of which is you don't need to apply much to achieve medium to full coverage. One application is more than enough to get a perfect looking complexion from top to bottom. I got the shade 2.2 due to my incessant need to fake tan - and I have to say this is a very very good match for my faux skin tone. It also claims to have hydrating properties which basically means it won't dry you out while you wear it - which is another massive bonus as with most foundations I've tried (except bareSkin) my skin is haggered and dry at the end of the day. Not with Studio Skin. My skin feels as if I haven't worn anything.

Now for the best part.....due to the fact Smashbox as a brand started behind the scenes on photo shoots and runway shows all their makeup looks exceptional in photos flash or no flash. My skin in photos with this foundation on looks like it was crafted by Jesus Christ himself. Beautiful. So if you, like me take 3972 photos on nights out/days in/any occasion this foundation is perfection. The fact it stays put for 15 hours is also great for nights out - I wore this on a night out recently and didn't need to reapply or touch up at all it was a makeup revelation for me. (Normally by 1 am my foundation is sliding off my face and making a dash for my neck. Not ideal)

Studio Skin is £28 and worth it! It was love at first pump for me (?!) and I can tell you now if you're looking for a medium to full coverage foundation you'll love it too. For best results apply after a primer and you'll have beaut makeup sorrrrrrted.

No comments:

Post a Comment