bareMinerals bareSkin Review

20/09/2014
In all honesty up until recently I haven't had much experience with mineral makeup. I've always preferred the ''look how much makeup I'm wearing and I'm damn proud of it - girlpower'' look as opposed to anything remotely natural. 'Drug store' brands had sufficed in providing what I thought was good coverage, affordable, easily available etc.. That was until my whole world makeup bag changed.

bareMinerals are currently running a promotional campaign for their new liquid foundation bareSkin and I got myself a couple of samples to play around with. Oh my god. Everything I thought I knew about foundation was completely disregarded and I am now a devout believer in foundations that not only provide great coverage but are also kind to skin.



Because of my (less than subtle) tendency to fake tan I picked up bareSkin in the shade bareNatural which is from their medium shade range. It has changed my life. The formula appears quite watery (when not shaken properly)  but a tiny bit goes a long way. Just 4  tiny drops covers my entire face to a medium/full coverage and leaves skin looking dewy and hydrated. The foundation itself contains a serum which means theoretically it should be benefiting skin while you wear it - bonus.

Overall I abso-bloody-lutely love this foundation. I've read other reviews that have been mixed but for my skin it covers, hydrates and sits well all day with minimal retouching. In fact I wouldn't even say it 'sits well' as it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything at all. If you use foundations like MAC Studio Fix or anything heavy like that this will be a welcome holiday for your skin.

 To use it to its full potential I highly recommend investing in the specially developed Perfecting Face  brush which comes with a 'dip' in the middle designed to hold the product and make blending easier. This brush is the softest foundation brush I have ever used!

 Give the bottle a good shake before applying to the brush to ensure the foundation and serum are equally mixed and boom! Beautiful skin that literally takes about 5 seconds to apply.



The brush retails for £24 and is available here
The foundation retails for £26 and is available here - I definitely recommend getting colour matched at a bareMinerals counter to ensure you get the most out of this product! There's a huge range of shades sure to match any skin tone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment