Fake it till you make it honey

19/09/2014
FAKE TAN. Oh fake tan.  How I love thee. Providing me an alternative to milk bottle living/sun damage I could not live without you.
Now, I am the first to admit I have by no means 'always got it right' and have at times been renowned for my questionable skin tone...but regardless of my poor efforts I think there's gotta be more appreciation for this miracle product that in the event of wanting a tan could literally save lives. A much much much less damaging alternative to sunbeds/sun tanning and all the other scary lengths people will go to for a tan these bottles provide me year round colour. At times verging on orange a bit over the top (ahem) 8 hours of sleeping with this stuff on I awake a bronzed goddess. (I use the word goddess lightly)

People are always like ''but what about the smell? Don't you smell like biscuits?'' YES but I'd rather that than smell like burning pork after getting out a sunbed. Besides you wash it off as soon as you wake up so its hardly offensive. My solution to the fake tan smell is simply - put it on before bed and then its nobody else's business. And get dark bed sheets. Boyfriends may moan but I'm sure they'd rather one night of sleeping with a Hobnob than any of the potentially scary side effects of sun tanning...

My personal favourite product is without doubt St,Moriz. My god. 100% cheaper than its more expensive competitor this stuff is incredible. When it comes to most beauty products I can be a bit judgemental in regards to the price - but this stuff is just as good as the more expensive brands so don't let that fool you.

Due to work commitments I'm having to edge away from the 'dark' shade and settle for medium - but the colour still develops into a lovely golden shade. I do sometimes find the mousse not to be very moisturising so when applying I mix it with a gradual tan lotion to cover both bases*. My gradual tan of choice is either Dove Summer Skin or Garnier Summer Body. Both great, both affordable, both very biscuity. But as mentioned above the smell is only temporary and you kind of get used to it. 

I could probably talk about fake tan till I'm blue in the face and if there's one beauty product I couldn't live without besides mascara it would be this stuff. If I could encourage just one person to stop using sunbeds in favour of fake tan I would feel my job here is done. Sunbeds really are the devil. I'm all for a good tan but looking a bit browner ain't worth your health honey. 

*For the love of god always apply any mousse with a mitt/glove or else your hands will be an entirely different race as the product is dark when pumped out the bottle.

1 comment:

  1. THANK YOU FOR THIS! You've saved a life from tanning beds (mine).

    ReplyDelete